Search results for
Refine your search
Goodyear Tire & Rubber...
Lakes and Ponds
Silvas Studio, 283 Sou...
Kuebler, Joseph E
page 2 of 5 : (
add to favorites
Central Office Building
Akron; Central Office Building; Buildings; Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.; The Press; Akron Centre Plaza
The Central Office Building is on the northwest corner of Main and Mill streets, across Main Street from the Akron-Summit County Public Library in Akron, Ohio. This site is currently occupied by the Akron...
Akron; City Building; Buildings
The first City Building (City Hall) was located on the southwest corner of Main and Quarry (later known as Bowery) Streets. The brick building cost $30,000 in 1881. The City Council chambers were on the...
Akron; County Building; Buildings; Summit County Infirmary
The Summit County Infirmary was built in 1865 on the south side of Exchange Street at a cost of about $20,000. Patients at the Infirmary made the bricks for this building. Several addtions were added over...
Akron; Crosby School; Schools
Crosby School, in Akon's Third Ward, was originally built in 1877 as an eight room school house. Significantly expanded in 1890s, it stood on the corner of Smith and West Street. It was named in honor...
Crystal Lake- Randolph Park
Akron; Crystal Lake; Randolph Park; Lakes and Ponds; Parks; Silver Lake; Portage Lakes
Randolph Park was created by the officials of the Mountain Line in the summer of 1895. They bought the land between the north end of Silver Lake and Crystal Lake in Summit County, and eventually built...
In the Glen- Cuyahoga Falls
Akron; Cuyahoga Falls; Rivers; Glen, Akron (park); Bridges
The suspension bridge can be seen in the foreground of this image, and the High Bridge in background. Both bridges cross the Cuyahoga River near the High Bridge Glens Park in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. (Art...
View on Cuyahoga River
Akron; Cuyahoga River; Bridges; Rivers;
A bridge, likely for trains, spans the Cuyahoga River in Summit County Ohio. (Art Work of Akron, Ohio. pt. 3 pg. 2)
Scene on Cuyahoga River
Akron; Cuyahoga River; Rivers; Bridges
A bridge spans the Cuyahoga River in Summit County, Ohio. (Art Work of Akron, Ohio. pt. 9 pg. 1)
Akron; Doyle Block; Hammel's Business Shorthand College; Bolanz Bros. Florists; Dales Jewelry Store;
The Doyle Block occupied the triangle of land between South Howard Street, South Main Street, and East Mill Street. It included several lumber yards and businesses, including Hammel's Business College...
View on East Market Street
Akron; East Market Street; Streets and Roads; Houses
Market Street was opened between North Akron and Middlebury in 1833. The work contract was given to Charles W. Brown of Middlebury, Ohio. Market Street was divided into East and West where it crossed Howard...
Akron; Fir Street; Streets and Roads
Fir Street, between Market Street and Buchtel, was home to many of Akron's prominent residents. In 1898, some of the families living on Fir Street were the Tibballs, Howers, Christys, and Merrills. The...
First Congregational Church
Akron; First Congregational Church; Churches
Dedicated in 1868, this building was the third to be occupied by First Congregational Church. Although partially destroyed by fire on February 2, 1881, it was rebuilt and enlarged at the cost of about...
First M. E. Church
Akron; First Methodist Episcopal Church; Churches; Akron Plan; First M.E. Church
The first church building constructed by the First Methodist Episcopal Church was built on the northwest corner of Broadway and Church. In 1841, this building was destroyed by fire. In 1867, industrialist...
First Universalist Church
Akron; First Universalist Church; Churches
The first Universalist Church was built in 1879 on the northwest corner of Broadway and Mill at a cost of $40,000. (Art Work of Akron, Ohio. pt. 1 pg. 4)
In Grace Park
Akron; Grace Park; Parks
Grace Park was named in honor of Mrs. Grace Tod Perkins, wife of Colonel Simon Perkins, who donated the land for the park. A wooden fence was added in December 1848. In 1875 the city purchased some of...
Grand Opera House
Akron; Grand Opera House; Theaters; Landmarks
The Grand Opera House was built by Wilson G. Robinson, a theatre manager, after the Academy of Music, Akron's only opera house, burned down on July 18, 1897. He bought an abandoned factory at 34 N. Main...
Akron; Henry School; Schools
Henry School, on the corner of North Forge and Arch Streets served as one of Akron's grade schools. Closed in 1978, it was named after Milton W. Henry, a prominent merchant of early Akron. Henry served...
Akron; Hotel Buchtel; Hotels; Buildings; Streets and Roads
Opened on April 16, 1884 the Buchtel Hotel was the leading hotel in the city for 28 years. Built by William Buchtel for $100,000, construction was completed in the spring of 1884. The hotel was five stories...
Akron; Howard Street; Streets and Roads; Parades
Home to banks and merchants, Howard Street was Akron's main roadway in the 19th century. It was the first street paved in Akron, Ohio in 1868. The paving contract was won by Julius Sumner. (Art Work of...
Akron; Howe School; Schools; Ohio and Erie Canal
Howe School, on the corner of South Bowery, Bartges, and St. Clair Streets served as one of Akron's grade schools. Closed in 1972, the school was named after Captain Richard Howe, one of the resident engineers...
add to favorites
page 2 of 5 : (
powered by CONTENTdm
^ to top ^