The Summit County Courthouse [left] and Municipal Building [right] located between High Street and S. Broadway Street in downtown Akron, Ohio. The Courthouse was completed in 1908 at a cost of $338,000. The Municipal Building was built in 1966 on the site of the old County Jail. It was known as the City-County Safety Building until 1992 when it was renamed the Harold K. Stubbs Justice Center after a former Municipal Court judge who was also Akron's first black law director. The building houses the courts, the police department and a jail.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. This material from the picture file is protected by the copyright law. The library makes this picture available for the personal use of the borrower to be used for private study, scholarship or research. Reproduction, alteration or derivative use of this visual image for the purposes other than those listed above without the express written permission of the copyright holder may constitute an infringement of copyright law.
Back of postcard: SUMMIT COUNTY COURTHOUSE & NEW MUNICIPAL BUILDING. Akron, Ohio. Akron is the county seat of Summit County, and these two fine buildings have combined their facilities to make this one of the finest cities in which to live and work.