The lower highway/single streetcar track bridge was built about 1895; the upper double-track streetcar bridge was built about 1903. The upper bridge was once called the High Level Bridge or the High Bridge and was also known as the Gorge Bridge or the N. O. T. Co. (Northern Ohio Traction and Light) Bridge. Both bridges spanned the Gorge between Akron and Cuyahoga Falls, located near the road that is now Front Street, north of Cuyahoga Falls Avenue.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. This material from the picture file is protected by the copyright law. The library makes this picture available for the personal use of the borrower to be used for private study, scholarship or research. Reproduction, alteration or derivative use of this visual image for the purposes other than those listed above without the express written permission of the copyright holder may constitute an infringement of copyright law.