Founded in 1963 by local residents who wanted to preserve the memories and history of Twinsburg, Ohio, the Twinsburg Historical Society is located at 8996 Darrow Rd. and consists of three buildings. First the stone museum, built in the 1860s, was originally the Twinsburg Institute and later the Grange Hall. Second, adjacent to the Grange Hall, The Freeman Barn dates back to the 1870s. Finally, the 1850's Riley House at 9577 Liberty Rd. is owned by the City of Twinsburg and furnished and maintained by the Historical Society.
The museum is open the last Sunday of every month from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. It is also open for special events such as "Tales of Locust Grove," "The Olde Tyme Fair," and other events. Tour groups are welcome by appointment. Please visit our website for additional information.
The Twinsburg Historical Society Collection contains photographs and documents that outline the history of Twinsburg from its founding as Millsville, later changed to Twinsburg, and up to present day.