Row 1 - James Chisholm; James Aldrich; James Shields; Paul Benninger; Kathleen Sullivan; Barbara Bertsch; Lois Darkow; Linda Lanzarotta. Row 2 - Gerald White; Paul Russano; George Morgan; Rosemary McGinnis; Nancy Baughman; Rosemary Gadel; Marie Cahill. Row 3 - Gerald Walter; Albert Castner; Charles O'Neill; Bernard Foss; Kathleen Herdman; Linda Stott; Kathleen Frame. Row 4 -Walter Boyen; Kenneth Mellinger; William Gilbride; Charles Casey; Maureen Deagan; Barbara Fagen; Anne Steinmetz. Row 5 - Paul Eagn; Thomas McGuckin; Thomas Dunphy; Irene Mellion; Nancy Roberts; Janet Burgoon; Ruth Holzapfel. Row 6 - Samuel Engle; Thomas Morgan; Michael O'Neil; Maureen Hunt; Jacqueline Royer; Irean Lasko; Judith Jonke. Row 7 - Raymond Ciarrochi; Richard Metker; Richard Campbell; Judith Collett; judith Siegferth; Donald Zito; Margaret Horning; Mary Louise Coulter; Blanch Richards. Founded in 1837, St. Vincent is the oldest Catholic church in Akron, Ohio and has served the community for over 175 years.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. This material from the picture file is protected by the copyright law. The library makes this picture available for the personal use of the borrower to be used for private study, scholarship or research. Reproduction, alteration or derivative use of this visual image for the purposes other than those listed above without the express written permission of the copyright holder may constitute an infringement of copyright law.
About this collection
St. Vincent Catholic church was founded by Father Basil S. Shorb and a community of Irish immigrants in 1837. St. Vincent brought Akron its first Catholic school and helped to found St. Bernard's, St. Mary's, Annunciation, St. Martha's, and St. Sebastian's churches. From the founding members who helped to build Akron's canal system to the current congregation, members of St. Vincent church have had a strong role in the history and growth of Summit County for over 175 years. For more information please see: http://www.stvincentchurch.com/