Back of postcard: Akron, Ohio. Alexander Park. On West Market St. at North and Valley streets, the restored triangular park (2002) features a replica 19th century fountain first donated by industrialist J. Park Alexander. Maintained by Keep Akron Beautiful.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
Alexander Park located between W. Market, Valley and North Streets in Akron, Ohio. Neptune Park opened on June 16, 1893. The fountain, located in the center of the park, was donated by Akron businessman and politician J. Park Alexander. After Alexander died in 1908, the park was renamed Alexander Park in his honor.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. This material from the picture file is protected by the copyright law. The library makes this picture available for the personal use of the borrower to be used for private study, scholarship or research. Reproduction, alteration or derivative use of this visual image for the purposes other than those listed above without the express written permission of the copyright holder may constitute an infringement of copyright law.