The Akron Rural Cemetery is located on Glendale Avenue. When the cemetery was established in 1839, it was meant to serve both the dead and the living by providing a place for people where "retiring from the busy scene's of life, they can at the same time enjoy the beauties of the garden and rural scenery, inhaling the pure air of the country and, as it were, commune with those who had once been dear to them." By 1892, the cemetery was commonly called Glendale Cemetery. (Art Work of Akron, Ohio. pt. 6 pg. 4)
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. This material from the picture file is protected by the copyright law. The library makes this picture available for the personal use of the borrower to be used for private study, scholarship or research. Reproduction, alteration or derivative use of this visual image for the purposes other than those listed above without the express written permission of the copyright holder may constitute an infringement of copyright law.