The final assembly line in the creation of FG-1 Corsairs at Goodyear Plant D in Akron, Ohio. In 1939, Goodyear Aircraft was established to manufacture heavier-than-air craft. Goodyear produced over 4,000 F4U Corsairs during World War II under the designation FG-1. In 1959, Goodyear Aircraft was renamed Goodyear Aerospace and focused on radar technology.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of reproductions of copyrighted material. This material from the picture file is protected by the copyright law. The library makes this picture available for the personal use of the borrower to be used for private study, scholarship or research. Reproduction, alteration or derivative use of this visual image for the purposes other than those listed above without the express written permission of the copyright holder may constitute an infringement of copyright law.