Rubber Division of the American Chemical Society (ACS)
The Rubber Division, ACS originated as the India Rubber Section of the American Chemical Society in 1909, achieving Division status in 1919 and incorporating in 1963. The Rubber Division is one of 34 divisions of the American Chemical Society. It has been headquartered in Akron, Ohio since 1909. The Division is composed of 19 subdivisions called Rubber Groups located throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. The mission of the Rubber Division is to enhance science, technology and business across the evolving elastomeric community.
Segments of interviews with scientists, engineers, publishers, and executives from industry and academia who have made significant contributions to rubber science and technology. To download the complete interviews or see a list of the people interviewed, visit the Rubber Division's Oral History Page.